Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce invites you to attend our Women of Influence luncheon. Please join us as Sarah Schumann takes us on her journey. Sarah's story is sure to leave you feeling engaged, inspired, and empowered to move into the new year with a refreshed mindset!
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER:
Sarah C. Schumann, M.Div., is the Vice President of Operations for Brookside Inn and Brookside Rehabilitation and Wellness, Skilled Nursing Facilities in Castle Rock, CO. A second-generation nursing home provider, she grew up in a family of doctors, nurses, hospital administrators and teachers. In addition to her 20+ years of long-term care experience, Sarah is a meditation instructor and interfaith chaplain. Sarah has obtained a Master of Divinity degree from Naropa University and a Bachelor of Arts from Mount Holyoke College. Sarah is passionate about alternative health. She has studied with Tibetan, Zen, Yoga and Tantric Masters and is trained in Japanese acupressure, essential oils, and energy work. She is a second-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and a Registered Yoga Instructor; she has taught both to staff and residents. Sarah loves comedy, singing and dancing and performs monthly with a Vaudeville Troop at Brookside Inn.
- October 2020-present: Board Member American Healthcare Association
- September 2019: Recipient of Colorado Healthcare Association Vesta Bowden Award
- September 2018: Founded Schumann Family Foundation, an IRS approved non-profit organization with a focus on Health, Health Education and Cultural Exchange
- October 2012-2015: Chair of Colorado Healthcare Association Task Force to Safely Reduce the Off-Label Use of Antipsychotic Medications
- July 2013-June 2015: Graduate of the American Healthcare Association Future Leaders and Political Ambassadors Program
- 2014-present: Member of the American Healthcare Association’s Survey and Regulatory Committee, Independent Owners Council and Political Action and Involvement Committee.
- Certified Instructor of Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, a nationally recognized crisis prevention training program and Dementia Capable Care, a nationally recognized dementia care training program
- Brookside Inn has received both the Bronze and Silver Awards from American Healthcare Association.