At 24 Hour Fitness we are committed to our mission of helping people--team members and members alike--to become the best version of themselves. We've changed the landscape of the fitness industry and pioneered the concept that fitness can be accessible, affordable and a way of life for everyone. We're looking for committed and dedicated individuals to help grow our business, so that we can share the promise of 24 Hour Fitness with more people.
As one of our Sales Advisors (SA) you generate revenue by creating excitement over goal attainment, enrolling members, and being in relationship with potential, new and existing members.
- Your earning potential is limited only by your own personal drive and willingness to succeed
- This position is an hourly (non-exempt) position that provides a base hourly rate plus the potential to earn additional compensation once reaching a specified productivity threshold
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build community ties using company provided tools/programs. (i.e., Community outreach/Local Promotions, Corporate Sales on-sites)
- Create new business internally through member promotions, referrals and the dissemination of guest passes
- Create new business externally through outside promos (hot spot mini promos and planned events)
- Reach out to potential members by phone and set appointments for potential new business
- Promote specials to current and future guests
- Complete agreements and manage daily planner/leads
- Successfully attain personal revenue targets
- Tour potential members through the club and connect the guest to the facility, equipment, services and amenities
- Understand how 24 Hour Fitness's products/services will satisfy the potential member's needs
- Ask questions, build rapport and earn the right to help the potential member find the path to reach their goal
- Communicate professionally and authentically and find what holds the highest value to the potential member on a personal level
- Effectively and professionally enroll guests using 24 Hour Fitness sales techniques and protocol
- Adhere to specific Membership Agreement Procedures (MAP) when enrolling members and guests
- Follow up with members that have enrolled to ensure we are exceeding expectations
- Provide the highest level of customer service possible when communicating and interacting with guests
- Assist in maintaining a clean and operational facility
- 1-3 years of customer service or sales experience preferred
- Competitive drive to succeed in a commission sales and performance based culture
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Independent, self-starter with strong organizational skills and passion for helping others lead healthy and fit lives
- In-depth knowledge of sales practices and techniques
Certifications / Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs.
- Typing, using the telephone and computer mouse
- Ability to demonstrate proper fitness techniques
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking and stair climbing
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.