At Office Depot, the Retail Sales Associate/Sales Consultant is responsible for engaging and providing an exceptional customer service experience. The associate must quickly build ongoing customer relationships and become a trusted advisor by utilizing advanced selling skills and knowledge (including cross-selling of products and services) to meet the customer’s needs.
The associate in this role demonstrates a passion for the brand, product and services solutions knowledge. He/she will utilize Office Depot’s proven sales principles to proactively engage customers. The associate must quickly develop product and solution expertise in key areas such as technology, furniture, with a general understanding of copy and print.
High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, which are necessary to establish a selling relationship with customers
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to use technology applicable to role, and to access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
- Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
- Must possess an interest in continually developing personal selling skills and product knowledge
- Positive and Engaging
- Action Oriented
- Integrity & Trust
- Demonstrate passion for the brand, products, services and solutions offered to our customers
- Must possess a desire to continually develop personal selling skills and product knowledge
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule as business dictates
- Customer Focus
- Self Learning