New Product Development
Coordinates New Product Development – uses project management skills to organize and update new product ideas and processes. Guides New Product ideas developed by our research and/or submitted by our suppliers, sales teams and management through new product submission process and guides development of products through development process from concept to completion. Ensures established internal and external production processes are completed, and that timelines are met.
- Keeps each New Product Project’s files and task checklists and status reports up to date.
- Schedules and conducts bi-monthly meetings with Product Development Team to review status of our product development projects.
- Initiates project sheet for artwork – include product specs and FABS, communicates with Marketing Team.
- Communicates and coordinates the development of new and revised product/packaging changes with the product supplier and our Marketing Team.
- Helps develop FABS (features, advantages & benefit statements) for use in all marketing materials.
- Helps complete Item Master & Bill of Materials.
- Works closely with Marketing Team to coordinate the development of all Product Development-related projects, i.e. photography, package inserts, web site updates, sell sheets, press releases…
- Coordinates the development of barcode labels with IT Data Specialist.
- Help develop and communicate Sales Team notifications of new product availability - including product specs and images.
- Develops QC spec sheets and communicates with our QC Team.
Contributes to our company database of product information and images (price, descriptions, product & packaging specs, barcodes and tariff data) for customer proposals, QC sheets, customer new item set-up forms of product data, plan-o-grams and proposals and customer requests.
- Documents product specifications in product database.
- Updates database with changes and flags for discontinued products.
- Runs various reports
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Proficient in MSWord, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to assimilate information and make research/fact-based decisions
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of company team, customers and suppliers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver high-quality results
- Ability to prepare well-written and formatted reports and other documents
- Customer, team & quality-oriented
- Detail oriented
- Handles difficult situations with diplomacy
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Prefer two years post high school education and three years’ experience in a marketing or product development role, or a suitable combination of education and/or marketing/product development experience.