Location: Castle Rock, CO, United States
Job ID: 32711
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2020
Salary: $17.98 to $27.21 hourly
Accurately read and record gas meter readings following an established schedule.
PAY RANGE: $17 - $26 per hour (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Operations Supervisor
LOCATION: Castle Rock, CO
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Report apparent irregularities in metering or in gas use.
- Report gas leaks on service lines, broken meters and service seals which are observed in the course of work.
- Promote safety in all phases of the operations.
- Perform leak detection.
- Promote the Company service plans.
- Provide requested after hours (on-call) services as required.
- Provide operational support to install, remove and replace gas meters, complete meter routines and turn-on and shut-off activities as needed.
- Contact customers concerning collection on delinquent accounts as needed.
- Perform other assigned tasks as required.
- May receive company training in gas operations or appliance repair.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must live within 30 min from the base service center.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous meter reading experience is beneficial.
- Familiarity of Black Hills service territory and the surrounding area.
- Ability to accurately read meters and enter reads on keyboard.
- Good customer relation skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work where needed.
- Computer skills desirable.
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills required.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental Requirements: Ability to understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Ability to apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously (67% or more) required to: stand, walk, balance, bend or stoop, crawl, work at elevated heights, maintain eye and hand coordination, maintain finger and hand dexterity, hear, rotate and extend neck, maintain body posture, reach, talk, and have visual acuity to operate machines and equipment. Employee is frequently (34-66%) required to: access low and high areas with additional equipment, ascend/descend stairs, maintain hand and foot coordination, move hands in repetitive motion, kneel, reach above the shoulder, and sit. The employee may occasionally (less than 33%) be required to: use a respirator, and sit. Employee must be able to operate job related equipment and tools. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 8-10 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Work environment: Must be able to occasionally perform work indoors and routinely perform work outdoors in sometimes inclement weather with moderate to high noise level. Worker may be subject to hazards including variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in places of height, or close quarters (i.e., crawl spaces, small enclosed rooms, narrow aisles of passageways). Must be capable of occasional travel (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
EOE, Including disability/vets.