Utility Line Locator - Training Offered!$17.98 - $27.21 an hour
Our employees have a strong sense of pride because their work matters. From day one, you are part of a team that protects individuals and communities every day through the underground utility damage prevention work that we do.
Our Utility Locators are responsible, self-motivated individuals, who are comfortable working independently. We will train the right individual who is committed to safety, pays close attention to detail, and takes pride in completing a job well done. Your daily responsibilities include responding to requests from customers and business representatives, locating and marking underground utility lines, and documenting your findings.
Schedule: Typical hours are Monday-Friday, 8-hour workdays ranging from 8am-5pm.
We will provide you the tools you need to be successful:
- Initial classroom/virtual training, job shadowing training, as well as, continuing education and on-going field training.
- Company provided work tools: Company vehicle, work equipment, and personal protective equipment provided.
PAY RANGE: $17.98 - $27.21 per hour (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Gas Operations Supervisor II
LOCATION: Castle Rock, CO
- To learn more about our locations, please visit the locations page on our career website.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Drive company vehicle to job sites in response to routine ticket requests, emergencies, and relocates. Operate company vehicle in a safe manner, and maintain a professional appearance.
- Act as the liaison, effectively communicating with excavators, utility reps, and company personnel, regarding underground facilities.
- Interpret job order tickets, email requests, phone calls, blueprints and maps to efficiently route and perform duties.
- Utilize the provided utility maps/prints and other location information, along with locating equipment, to locate underground gas and/or electric utility lines.
- Identify utility locations through the utilization of paint, flags, matchsticks, and communicate relevant information to excavation personnel or other appropriate authorities.
- Provide accurate documentation and/or sketches related to all locates completed. Use computer or other devices to document and close out job orders.
- Perform all work in a timely, professional and efficient manner. Escalate investigation or higher level issues to Manager.
- Perform light excavation with a shovel, to expose buried utilities when necessary.
- 6 months customer service (examples include: call center, restaurants, retail) experience is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid State driver's license, including a DMV record that is deemed acceptable by the company.
- Able to self-manage and communicate with supervisors and clients in a timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to working safely.
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills are essential.
- Use consistent good judgment and think creatively to solve problems.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental Requirements: Ability to understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Ability to apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously (67% or more) required to: stand, balance, bend or stoop, crawl, maintain eye and hand coordination, maintain finger and hand dexterity, hear, rotate and extend neck, maintain body posture, reach, talk, and have visual acuity to operate machines and equipment. Drive 50 to 300+ miles daily as required by assigned geographic locating area. Sit for long periods of time while driving and get in and out of a vehicle 20+ times a day. Works in and walks (at times 1+ miles) over all types of terrain in and around construction zones and residential, commercial, industrial and rural areas in all types of weather conditions. Employee is frequently (34-66%) required to: access low and high areas with additional equipment, ascend/descend stairs, maintain hand and foot coordination, move hands in repetitive motion, kneel, and reach above the shoulder. Employee must be able to operate job related equipment and tools. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 8-10 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects if something is blocking the utility lines, and will call for assistance as needed. Must be able to occasionally perform work indoors and routinely perform work outdoors in sometimes inclement weather with moderate to high noise level.
Work environment: Worker may be subject to hazards including variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working in places of height, or close quarters (i.e., crawl spaces, small enclosed rooms, narrow aisles of passageways). Must be capable of up to 50% travel (e.g. 2 weeks or 10 days/month) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities. Travel will be necessary to conduct the duties of this job, and the employee must have the ability to drive and have proper licensing.
Women and Minorities are Strongly Encouraged to Apply.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Corporation does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Black Hills Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to an applicant or employee's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, creed, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected class.