Starlighting is an annual traditional community ceremony that includes lighting the star on top of Castle Rock. Caroling, dancing, Santa Claus, hot chocolate, chili supper and of course the lighting of the star adds to this Norman Rockwell experience on Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018. This year's celebration will include fireworks and the opening of the ice skating rink in downtown Castle Rock.
Please read the Terms and Conditions for Starlighting participation
- All non-profits must be a 501(c)3 organization.
- All proceeds must go to that non profit organization.
- All items sold or given away must be related to the holiday season.
- No beverages allowed (for sale/free). No exceptions. (Starlighting committee will sell hot chocolate & bottle water. Proceeds used for Starlighting event)
- No ornaments allowed (for sale/free). No exceptions. (Chamber sells Castle Rock ornaments)
- No ready made food or baked goods allowed for sale. This is due to health department regulations. Pre-packaged, free items are allowed. (Examples – candy canes, stickers, glow sticks, etc.)
- Fund raising efforts/sales must be done from your booth. No walking sales permitted.
- 10’ x 10’ space will be allotted/marked out for each organization. Your location will be designated by the Chamber. You MUST HAVE WRITTEN APPROVAL for larger space prior the day of the event.
- Booth must be staffed 2:00pm - 5:00pm. (All the streets will be CLOSED from 1:00pm-7:00pm.)
- You are welcome to stay open after dark with battery operated lights and staff the booth until 6:00pm. (Time may change 30 minutes either way, notification of later closing time will be sent in your confirmation email.)
- No vehicles allowed on closed streets during this time. No exceptions.
- Organization will be notified of any changes to booth staffing hours.
- NO ELECTRICITY is available. *NO GENERATORS PERMITTED.
- Battery light source is strongly suggested.
A tent or shelter is necessary due to the probability of inclement weather.
NO supplies will be provided by the Chamber.
An Email Acceptance Confirmation will be sent once your organization is approved to participate.